woensdag, juni 10, 2009


Le Mans 2009 ... Day 2 ... When you thought Monday was wet, think again ... Yes, it could have been worse, yes today was even worse ...

We arrived at the scrutineering when the first Aston Martin was rolled into the scrutineering area, just in time to attack the other 2 Astons with my camera. A soon as they rolled another one in, it started raining (again), and that seemed to be what was going to happen during the rest of the day. As soon as a car came from under a tent, it just started to rain heavily. Not once, not twive, but all day long. At the mid-session break, I wanted to give up, head back to the camper and maybe go to the museum ... One coffee later, and the sun that came through made me change my mind.
It even stayed dry for another hour, but that was the last luck we had ... it started raining again, and this time it was for real. We got completely soaked, camera’s started to have trouble with the water, but I got some great “rainshots”. When the Luc Alphand Corvettes were rolled in, we gave up and headed back to Blue Nord.

I’m curious about the weather tomorrow, according to the local aboriginals, it should get better. On the other hand, I’m getting used to the rain so a nice ‘dash’ of an hour or two wouldn’t hurt ... even if it’s just to have some spectaculair pictures ...

Geen opmerkingen: